Sunday, February 18, 2007

Bhagavan mistaken for stone image !


23rd November, 1938

Talk 584.

A certain visitor began to pull the pankah (fan). Sri Bhagavan said: "Because it is cold , they have placed fire by my side. Why should the pankah be pulled?"

Then he continued: "On a cold morning, when I was in Virupaksha cave, I was sitting in the open. I was feeling cold. People used to come, see me and go back. A group of Andhra visitors had come. I did not notice what they were doing. They were behind me. Suddenly a noise `tak' - and water over my head! I shivered with cold. I looked back. They had broken a coconut and poured the water on me. They thought that it was worship. They took me for a stone image."

Photo of Bhagavan's statue in Mother's temple taken by author, free to copy/use.
Acalayoga

1 comment:

Inner Bliss said...

Lol... being Bhagavan is no easy job!