Saturday, March 17, 2007

Am I not by your side

I had come very early one morning. I was scared at the prospect of coming alone on a deserted path at that time. As if reading my thoughts Bhagavan said, 'Why are you afraid? Am I not by your side?' Immediately my fear vanished.

Whatever the work in which He might have been engaged, He somehow or the other found time to come to the kitchen and make enquiries about the helpers there. How can i describe His grace on all of us, the workers of the kitchen!

Our days were filled with joy. We were not conscious of our surroundings. The passage of time would go unnoticed. The toughest of jobs would seem light. Even a little exertion would tire us at home. But in his company we would always be energetic, and ready to take on any amount of work. All this was only because we were certain that Bhagavan cared for us.

[Sampoornamma lived in the ashram from 1930. She would readily recall those wonderful two decades with Ramana. She had so many opportunites to be near Him, particularly in the early years. This excerpt is from Unforgettable Years, page 65 (Ed A R Natarajan, RMCL).]

No comments: