Saturday, March 31, 2007

Kandaswami's devotion

Devotee: Bhagavan has told us how the devotional fervour of just one devotee, Kandaswami, enabled him to complete the construction of Skandasramam practically single-handed. Such bhakti is indeed remarkable.

Bhagavan:
It is only his intense love for me which gave him the courage to undertake the job and complete it despite the herculean strength needed for it. It was in recognition of his single-minded devotion and dedication that the place was named Skandasramam.
To me all places are the same since I do not have any particular likes and dislikes. But even the other inmates were supremely happy. Looking back I wonder at this for while staying there we were exposed to rain, sun, wind and wild animals. Yet a tranquil peace used to prevail there.

I could roam freely about the hill with no restrictions at all on my movements. Can I do it here? Even if we had to miss out food we had the energizing spring water to drink.

-- Bhagavan, UY p 155 (N.N.Nataraja Iyer)

No comments: