Sunday, March 25, 2007

My protection is always there for you

Meenakshi's father, Dandapani Swami was a permanent inmate of the Sri Ramanasramam. Her father presented her husband, Sri Muruganar a copy of the Aksharamanamalai sometime after her marriage. A few days later, Sri Muruganar left home permanently for the ashram without telling anyone. "From that day he was totally absorbed in Bhagavan", she says."Searching for him I reached Sri Ramanasramam. I found him and yet did not find him for he was wholly Bhagavan's now."
Bhagavan once asked Meenakshi (wife of Sri Muruganar) to accept Muruganar's giving up family ties. Meenakshi recounts:
All of a sudden I was overwhelmed with self-pity and concern. I wept bitterly before Bhagavan. He asked,'Did anyone chide you?'
'No, Bhagavan, I was only cursing my fate.'
With a heart brimming with love He told me,'Meenakshi, why don't you have faith in my words? What is there in the family life of which you are so enamoured? Your father has ten sons. Not one of them is prepared to give him one morsel of food. My protection is always there for you. Hereafter treat all those who care for you as members of your family. Your minimum needs will always be provided for.'
Ramana thus became my protector, my everything.

~~~
6. Kinder indeed art Thou than one's mother, such is Thy Love, O Arunachala!

No comments: