Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The suffering is mine


Attendant K was a veritable enemy of the monkeys. When the monkeys played mischief in the hall or tried to stealthily take away fruits he would beat them ignoring Bhagavan's protests. Once Bhagavan told him,
'It is not the monkeys that are receiving your beatings. It is I. The suffering is mine.'
-- Roda McIver, p63 Unforgettable Years (a compilation).

[Update: Please also see Bhagavan's warning call to monkeys.]
~~~
1. (a) You root out the ego of those who meditate on You in the Heart, O Arunachala!

3 comments:

eWraith said...

Isn't this a wonderful story?
I have linked to it at Acalayoga blog. I trust that is OK.

vacadbhuve namah

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that Roda McIver had written a book. What does UY stand for?

I remember that many moons ago, she sent me round some chapattis, which were very nice.

anbudan

John

ananda said...

sure you may link, all this belongs to Bhagavan anyway.

UY means Unforgettable Years, which has reminiscences of several people. I got tired of typing the full name each time.

in Sri Bhagavan